Diet & Nutrition Level 3 Certificate
ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Therapists
We are delighted to introduce a new course to the Irish School of Reflexology. The ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Diet and Nutrition is an opportunity for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in complementary therapy and to gain a professional qualification in Diet and Nutrition.
Health comes from an holistic approach that takes into consideration the whole picture: we are what we eat, we are what we do and we are what we think. So, with this in mind, what we do needs to be healing, what we eat needs to be strengthening and what we think needs to be uplifting. This course is a perfect complement to Reflexology because health must derive from an holistic approach. As Reflexologists, by adding this skill to our reportoire, we can further support our clients in their healing journeys.
This course provides the related knowledge and understanding required to advise the client on healthy eating and well-being, in particular health and safety considerations, the role and sources of nutrients required for a balanced diet and to maintain good health, understanding of metabolism and the basic rules and guidelines to food labelling.
The main aim of the Level 3 Certificate in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Therapists is to enable learners to gain the necessary theoretical skills in order to provide healthy eating advice to their clients and to gain employment in the complementary therapy industry.
The aim of the Irish School of Reflexology is to promote and support the healing journeys of our students and their clients. Our highly professional, student-centred, training is supportive with regular feedback and the opportunity for students to get personalised input from tutors. The course will take you on a journey of personal growth and development that will impact the way you work and the healing services you provide in the future. Our team of tutors highly experienced in nutrition, science, food science and client communication skills will guide you through this journey!
This qualification is geared towards learners who want to work within the complementary therapy industry. The qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit with a total of 100 hours of Guided Learning (GL) to achieve the full qualification.
The main knowledge the student will gain are in the following areas:
• Diet and nutrition – to include dietary requirements such as; roles of carbohydrates, protein, fibre, vitamins, nutritional value of foods, effects of antioxidant and common aliments
• The learner will also learn about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
• The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the healthy eating skills listed above effectively in particular the dietary requirements and common diseases and disorders
• Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a dietary advice setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
• Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a healthy eating adviser.
By the end of the course, the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
• Know the anatomy, physiology and pathologies of the digestive system
• Know the role and sources of nutrients required for a balanced diet to maintain good health and influencing factors
• Know how nutrients can be affected by cooking, processing and refining
• Know the causes and effects of nutritional imbalance on health and wellbeing
• Provide general information on healthy eating
- This course is for learners aged 16 and over.
- It is designed to provide occupational competency at level 3 and it provides
a sound platform for further and continued training at both level 3 & 4.
- For learners who want to or already work in complementary therapy industry.
Commitment & Qualification structure (minimum):
- Guided Learning Hours (GHL) - e.g. teaching time = 100 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT) - e.g. an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required, in order for a learner to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of the qualification = 230 hours
- Learners are required to provide a portfolio of evidence containing assignments under the supervision of the lecturer who will monitor the quality of the assignments in order to ensure that they meet the criteria.
Assessment and Examination:
Your final grade will be awarded based on the following:
- Ongoing assessment throughout the course will provide regular support and
inspire the achievement of individual learning goals.
- A written examination (50% of overall final mark)
- Presentation of 20 hours of case studies of clients with dietary and nutritional advice. (50% of overall final mark)
€950, deposit of €450 payable on booking.
Please contact email@example.com for enquiries.
UPCOMING COURSES 2021
Next Course Starting online: 9th Feb
Upon successful completion of all the Modules you will carry the internationally recognized ITEC qualification which enables you to gain insurance as a Diet & Nutrition adviser for Holistic Therapies.
ITEC provides leading international qualifications, specialising in Beauty & Spa Therapy, Hairdressing, Complementary Therapies, Sports & Fitness Training and Customer Service with centres in 39 countries.
In Ireland, there are more than 200 colleges and private training providers approved to deliver ITEC qualifications. ITEC supports Ireland’s National Skills Strategy 2025 (Department of Education and Skills, 2016).
iTEC qualifications are recognised on national and international qualifications frameworks worldwide and are the most employer-preferred qualifications in the industry, being highly sought after by beauty, sport, fitness and therapy businesses globally. ITEC qualification holders are widely known to have a competitive advantage in the labour market. ITEC qualifications are referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and all ITEC qualification holders are also entitled to a Europass Certificate.
COURSE DATES 2021
Course starting February 2021.
This course will be taught online over 22 weeks, one evening per week (Tuesdays from 7-10pm) and one full Saturday per month:
Week 1: Tuesday 9th February, 7-10pm.
Week 2: Tuesday 16th February, 7-10pm.
Week 3: Tuesday 23rd February, 7-10pm.
Week 4: Saturday 28th February, 9am-5pm.
Week 5: Tuesday 9th March, 7-10pm.
Week 6: Tuesday 16th March, 7-10pm.
Week 7: Tuesday 23rd March, 7-10pm.
Week 8: Saturday 27th March, 9am-5pm.
Week 9: Tuesday 6th April, 7-10pm.
Week 10: Tuesday 13th April, 7-10pm.
Week 11: Tuesday 20th April, 7-10pm.
Week 13: Saturday 24th April, 9am-5pm.
Week 14: Tuesday 4th May, 7-10pm.
Week 15: Tuesday 11th May, 7-10pm.
Week 16: Tuesday 18th May, 7-10pm.
Week 17: Saturday 22nd May, 9am-5pm.
Week 18: Tuesday 8th June, 7-10pm.
Week 19: Tuesday 15th June, 7-10pm.
Week 20: Tuesday 22nd June, 7-10pm.
Week 21: Saturday 26th June, 9am-5pm.
Week 22: Tuesday 29th June, 7-10pm.
This course is available in both the Dublin and Donegal schools.
Currently, due to Covid-19, tutition takes place online.